Friday, November 14, 2008

cause you're there for me too

Soulmate has no computer or TV. I feel sad for her. What would I do without an outlet to the outside world? Then, she tells me about a rapist that follows Asian women home at Union Square. Wtf? Does she want to give me a heart attack? I worry about her so much like she's my own child. She's going to be the death of me one day.

I had a talk with Summer Towel yesterday about the value of friendship. We've only become friends recently, and yet I feel like he really understands how I think and how I feel. I don't mean that in an I-think-I've-found-the-one kind of way. I mean it in a purely platonic, curious, and intriguing way. What is strange and sometimes shocking is that he will say the things that speed through my head out loud. It's like I have a million thoughts a second running through, and he somehow manages to find one and pulls it out of the traffic. When he does that, it interrupts my train of thought, and I'm like, "Whoooa.. how did you do that?" I feel like no one (of the opposite sex) has ever really comprehended the way I think. Not that it's complex by any means, but just that it's uncontrollable, stressful, and chaotic. He sees this and explains to me how his crazy mind works. Strangely, I understand him, too. Everyone is crazy, but there's just something.. different.. I feel.. about the way my outlook is on everything. I have an inexplicable connection with him that I have never come across with anyone else before. I think there is great potential here for a long-term friendship, and I hope he feels the same about me. We'll see how it goes.

We discussed how there are very few friends you can truly rely on. For him, he's been unlucky in finding many. For me, I'm so fortunate to have more than a handful. Of course, more than half of my truest friends are my cousins, but I can safely name five friends off the top of my head that I would bestow my life to. Thinking about them makes my heart warm and fuzzy. I don't know what I'd ever do without them.

Do you ever feel like you're walking in a dream when you're awake? Right now, I'm running on 8 hours of sleep in two days. My eyes are open, and I'm working mechanically, but it feels like I'm in a daze and I'm watching this computer monitor through someone else's body. It's strange. I need more sleep. I hope this blog made sense. If it didn't, you can blame Summer Towel. It's amazing how deep conversations can get at 3am. I think people are more enlightened when they're half asleep. Discussions about indigo children and the tenth dimension coming soon...

1 comment:

Chris Mendez said...

I agree. Conversations are more enlightened when you're mostly asleep. I think your logic takes a break, and your heart speaks out.