Just a random question that's been bothering me.
I heard the clip of Captain Sullenberger right before his plan landed in the Hudson River. Chills ran like electricity through my arms when I heard his last statement, "We're gonna be in the Hudson." I can't imagine staying calm in a situation like that. And the air traffic controller?? Forget about it! I would've been freaking out yelling, "WHAT? ARE YOU CRAZY?!?!? You're going to land in the WATER???!?" Throughout the course of my life (and this just goes to prove my fickle nature), I've wanted to go into a number of different professions. One day teacher, the next day astronaut. It was really troublesome in college. However, I can safely say that I have never wanted to be an air traffic controller or pilot. Thank you, Captain Sullenberger, for reaffirming that decision.
I've become really close (and I'm afraid nearly attached) to someone over the phone. It scares me. From past experiences, whenever this happens, the guy eventually disappears, and the relationship, that closeness, we built is lost. It always saddens me, and I always wonder, "What's the point?" What's the point of sharing your secrets and dreams with someone who you feel will become a huge part of your life when eventually they will leave you too? And, I mean this all in a platonic level. It makes me wonder if guys and girls can really be friends. Like, is it possible for me to ever find a guy who would be really close to me on a friendly/brotherly level even after he gets a gf or even after I get a bf? So far, I'm starting to think it's not.
I really like talking to him. He's a breath of fresh air from the all the seriousness around me. It's possibly because he's a little younger, but it already seems like he has the weight of the world on his shoulders. We have fun. He's lively and loud and totally unlike other guys I've talked with on the phone. It's entertaining to me. He's different and unreserved and I like it. I'm really enjoying where we're at in our friendship. I hope it lasts, and I hope he genuinely likes talking to me rather than just using me to pass time until he finds someone else. I'm terrified of this.
Anyway, I'm rambling now. It looks to be a beautiful weekend in Austin. No plans. Just taking it day by day.
Friday, February 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
hmm..sometimes i wonder about that too..about the people that come and go into our lives. oftentimes, they leave as quickly as they come...and you almost want to hesitant before you share any bit of yourself with them..
but then i think..what the hell..if you live your entire life on hesitations, you'd miss out on all these great (and not so great) people. either way, you always get something out of meeting new people. dont share your whole self dear! and even if they don't become a part of you forever, there's always that memory that lingers..
enjoy the now ;) it's so much more fun.
Post a Comment