Happy Halloween Eve! Tomorrow is Halloween, and I plan on trick or treating with the kiddos back home. I'm pysched. I haven't been home for Halloween in a really long time, so it will be fun to trick-or-treat. I hope people will actually give me candy. I mean, I don't get those homes who turn away adults that dress up to trick-or-treat. Since when has there been a law that stated only people under the age of 18 are allowed to knock door to door for candy on October 31? It's absurd that you have to take a child with you to get candy. Sweets should be granted to all of those that make the time and effort to dress up.
Isn't it interesting how people transform into a different person on Halloween? Not only physically, but I mean mentally, too. I am a firm believer of "you think the way you dress." For me, I naturally feel more confident when I'm wearing my work attire. I feel glamorous when I'm wearing evening dresses. I feel cute when I'm wearing my pajamas. Everyone knows that girls on Halloween use this holiday as an excuse to dress like promiscuous harlots, but it's only a charade. That's what Halloween is all about, right? Downtown Austin will be overflown by an ocean of chaos and facades. Girls will most likely be more inclined to make out with a guy in her dominatrix gear, and guys will use their masks and make up to hide what they really look like. Sounds like my kind of party!
Halloween is always a fascinating time of year. Have fun and be safe, everyone! I'm off to find me some sweets. If you're one of those houses that gives out tootsie rolls or peanuts on Halloween, beware.
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
..i like how threatening that 'beware' sounds at the end
i got your card today! you can expect something in the mail soon ;)
miss you too nomad!
Post a Comment