Monday, October 20, 2008

i'll be loving you forever...

Ah... to be six years old again. If I kept a diary when I was younger, instead of real entries, it would probably be filled with pages and pages of "JK + JS 4eva."

It was surreal. When I heard early last year that the New Kids on the Block were reuniting, I dismissed it thinking I was going to get my hopes up only to be disappointed again. But... it really happened.

When I was younger, my parents didn't allow me to go to the NKOTB concert with my girl cousins because they said it was too dangerous and that I was too young. I still remember crying my heart out for two nights in a row. I was so angry and upset at them. Eventually, I started to forgive them, but I would never forget. About four years later, the Power Rangers hit it big, and my 7 year old brother was allowed to go to the Power Rangers' concert. Hell broke loose, and I lost it. Since then, I had never let my parents forget what they did to me. After NKOTB disbanded, I thought I had lost my chance forever to see them in concert. It was painfully heartbreaking.

Fifteen years later, there I was standing inside the American Airlines Stadium waiting for the first loves of my life to appear on stage. The lights suddenly go out, and the screens light up. Music starts playing, and then... they were everywhere. Their familiar voices resonated and filled the entire stadium. Everyone frantically searched around wondering where they were going to come out first. Then, Joey McIntyre's voice soared into the sky, and slowly, all five of them, Jordan, Jonathan, Donnie, Joey, and Danny rose from the center of the stage frozen in standstill position. The crowd went absolutely wild. I got chills. I couldn't stand still. My knees were shaking. There they were. Here I was with my girl cousins. It was amazing. I felt like I was 6 years old again listening to them for the first time in my grandparents' garage wearing my hot pink colored Minnie Mouse skirt, my huge framed metal glasses, and my hair crimped and tied to the side of my head. I was in love all over again. I couldn't stop screaming and tears were streaming down my face like waterfalls. I was incredibly shaken with happiness. I took out my old New Kids pillow case from my purse and waved it around like a flag. The entire concert was extremely entertaining and fun.

Most importantly, there he was. Alive and looking very well. They all look so great, but he in particular looked good. I mean, he looked good. Suddenly, I remembered why I was so in love with Jordan Knight in the first place. He was my original JT. He holds a place in my heart that no other celebrity could ever replace. He was the first to sing me love songs and assure me that there is a guy out there that is capable of loving me as much as I want to be loved. I feel like he and I grew up together, and now I'm able to witness him grow into this beautiful man. He is gorgeous. I totally lost it when they came out dressed in all white singing my favorite song.

I want to touch them. Our seats were good, but they could be better. Next year. Next year I'm going to meet them. I just have to. Aaahh... I'm still getting chills just thinking about seeing them.

I'm going to be obsessed with NKOTB for another good couple of weeks. If I was still in college and jobless, I would be on the road right now following their tour bus. Those of you who know me well - know that I'm really not joking. That's the scary part.

1 comment:

kdnguyen said...

i remember i wrote a letter to jordan knight and told him that i loved him and wanted to marry him. i got in trooouubbbblleeee.