Tuesday, June 3, 2008

SATC - the movie

After years of patiently waiting, I (and many many other crazy devotees of Sex and the City) had finally witnessed the greatness of this movie this past weekend. Personally, I wasn't too thrilled with the series finale, so I desperately hoped the movie would give me complete closure in my relationships with Carrie, Charlotte, Miranda, and of course, Samantha because as they've grown together in their relationships, so have I with them. I've become immersed into (or obsessed with) their lives as I sat in my room alone laughing with them, crying with them, and loving with them - admiring their impeccable taste in couture and living vicariously through their Manolo Blahniks and successful lives.

I cried three times during the span of this movie. Tears of joy and sorrow. I whole-heartedly love these fictional characters as if they were my own flesh and blood. It was so emotionally fulfilling, and it made me think of my own girlfriends. I really miss them, and I wish I wasn't the only one still in Austin. In the big apple, they don't have to worry about ridiculous, sky-rocketing gas prices and driving by themselves from one city to another every weekend. I'm not a famous writer who gets to buy $300 pillows and pose in Vogue wearing trendy designer clothing while looking fabulous in it. Yet.

Sigh. So anyway, go watch the movie. I haven't heard any bad reviews on it from anyone (or any guy). It's worth it, and if you need someone to go with, call me up. You bring the popcorn. I'll bring the tissues.

No comments: