Wednesday, May 21, 2008

stranger

I remember rolling over in bed and bumping into his back
Listening to him breathe and feeling him twitch as he fell asleep

I remember watching him smile and seeing him get ready for work
Observing his routine and noting the way he dressed himself

I remember coming home and rushing into his arms
Basking in his scent and squeezing him tightly around his waist

I remember rushing towards him and jumping on his back
Running away from a scary thought and holding onto him for comfort

I remember combing my nails through his hair and rubbing his scalp
Scratching away worries and resting my head on his chest

I remember walking - fingers intertwined - through parks and swimming in pools
Flying through air and floating in clouds

I remember losing my breath and feeling my heart stop beating
Shaking from nervousness and stumbling for the right words

I remember the Met, the Guggenheim, the Getty, the Menil

I remember every line on his face
Every angle of his body
Every strand of black hair
Every soft, chilling touch
Every wrinkled smile
Every infectious laugh

Someone please help me forget.

1 comment:

kdnguyen said...

you don't remember shit! heehee. jk. get out, thoughts! get out! [imagine me knocking on my head...]