I celebrate Cinco de Mayo every year because it's my cousin Sourina's birthday. She is pretty good at making slogans to help people remember. Cinco de Sourina... Cinco de Na-yo... Sourina de Mayo. Heheh funny.
Anyway, so we're celebrating this weekend, and I have an old high school friend coming into town to play with us. Sour remembers him, too, and so I'm looking very forward to Saturday.
It got me thinking of the last time I saw him. She said it was four years ago, but I'm thinking it's been much longer than that. Hmm, I'm not sure. In any case, it's amazing how time flies with just a blink of an eye. It seems like just last week that I was still in high school. I've been really missing those days. I feel like I'm in some sort of limbo at this stage in my life. The people I hang out with on a daily basis are my coworker friends who are all either married or in serious relationships. They're all financially stable and seem to already have their lives on track. They're buying homes in Austin! I'm definitely nowhere near that stage. On the other hand, because I'm still in Austin, I keep bumping into friends who are still in college, and recently, I've been talking a lot with old high school friends. It makes me miss those days, and I've been getting really nostalgic lately. I miss the past, but I feel like the future is still too far to grasp. I'm stuck in the middle, and sometimes, I don't know where to go.
It's tough being the only single one in the coworker group. Not to mention youngest. I feel like I've gotten a lot done at this point, but not nearly as much as I would've liked. There's still a lot of time, I know, but where do I start? Being with these people should be encouraging, but at the same time, it makes me feel like I'm never going to get there.
Alright, rambling done.
Thursday, May 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment