I went to the lake this weekend with the family. I hadn't planned on swimming. I never plan on swimming. If I do, it's usually a spontaneous decision. I don't like pruned fingers, I don't like my clothes getting wet, and, most of all, I despise the sun. So of course on Saturday, the sun was really making itself known. By the time we got out there, it was close to 103 degrees!! wtf?!? I don't enjoy tanning, and I feel like being in or even near the vicinity of water makes you tan faster because of the sun's rays reflecting off the surface. I just can't escape the sun and its claws anywhere I go.
Anyway, I was battling with my friends and family in the whole "come in the water" conversation when finally my mother somehow convinces me. I was wearing my bathing suit, a tank, and a pocketed toweled skirt. I quickly took off my shirt and jumped in. I was floating when my skirt floated up and bumped into my arm with a soft *thump* making me realize something was in my pocket. Of course, it was my phone.
I quickly got out of the water, took my phone apart, and laid it out to dry in the sun. Piece of shit. I'm so sad. I'm hoping and praying that if I give it a couple more days, it will dry out. I had to go buy a crappy little prepaid phone at Walmart, switch out the SIM card, and use that for the time being. It sucks even more because all my phone numbers were saved onto my phone, so I currently only have 8 numbers saved. Not to mention, I don't even know if I'll be able to recover my pictures and whatnot saved in my other phone. Sigghhh.. what a hasslehoff.
Every means of communication I had with the outside world broke down this weekend. My computer started acting crazy and my phone is dead. Both are fixed now, but at the time, I was going nuts. Some of you may remember my little social experiment a few months back when I lost my phone on New Year's Eve. I tested myself for a month to see how well I'd hold up without a phone. In the end, it was really a lot easier than I thought, and I ended up even liking not having a cell phone! But due to the concern of my family and friends, I caved in last February and got a new phone. Fully equipped with texting. I was welcomed back into society and introduced to the world of texting. Big mistake. The worst part? I just upgraded to mobile-to-mobile talk and unlimited texting to prevent myself from going over. What a freaking waste of money since I won't be able to use much of either without everyone's numbers.
How is it that I went a whole entire month without my phone in the beginning of this year? Maybe it was because I still had my computer? Or did I make more friends? Haha. Probably so. But really, have things changed that much since January? This puts me in an optimistic state of mind. Before, I wanted to be alone. I think I subconcsiously wanted to be disconnected from everyone, and so I literally made it happen. It was an emotionally difficult time that I never thought I'd get out of, and now, half a year later looking back, I can see the difference in myself. Not that I'm completely out of the hole I dug for myself, but I feel like I may have a grip at the surface readying to pull myself out. It's kind of like when you see a friend every day that you're so accustomed to the way she looks. You don't notice the subtle changes in her physical appearance, but if you don't see her until a few months later, the subtle changes become more drastic. I feel like I'm starting to recognize the person in the mirror a little better now than before. It's slowly getting there. I'm holding my breath. I can almost say, "Hey, do I know you from somewhere?" I'm waiting for my reflection to answer back, "Yes, from Crazytown."
Speaking of familiar friends, "Breaking Dawn" comes out this Friday!!!!! My nights have been so lonely without Edward Cullen. I can't wait to see him again. I'm going to make "Team Edward" tshirts for me and my girlfriends who have been following this series. The days are going to drag until the release. Aaaahhhh! I can't wait!
So yes, if you have my number, please text/call me with yours. And don't be a moron and do the "here's my number" text. Specify who you are because despite how many times I may have talked to you, I'm not rainman. I used to be good at memorizing numbers, but with the wonderful technological advances of our time, we are now allowed to use less of our brains. Thank God.
Monday, July 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
david hasselhoff is the shit!! i'm still laughing. haha.
Post a Comment