Thursday, March 19, 2009

to pee or not to pee

Is it strange to go to the bathroom, sit in a stall, and talk to someone in another stall? Usually, I'd only feel comfortable doing this with a close friend. Earlier today, though, an acquaintance walked in, and while she was using the bathroom (thank goodness it was just #1), she asked me a question. I had just started doing my own business, and I quickly thought, "Do I wait until after I'm done? After I flush? No, if I wait after the flush, it's too long. What do I do, what do I do?" So I just started talking. And then I realized I had to talk louder in order for the sound to overpower the... waterfall noise. It was so weird. When I get nervous, I start to ramble, and it just turned into a really awkward bathroom experience. We got out of the stalls, and she just kept talking to me. Is this normal? I wonder if they have a book on bathroom etiquette or if you're just supposed to already know these things.

2 comments:

Chris Mendez said...

To me, it's just like talking over lunch. But in the opposite direction. Was it awkward?

jas119 said...

yes, it was very awkward.