Tuesday, March 3, 2009

march madness

I'm on a workout craze. I've made a pact with a coworker to eat less and workout more. I've been pushing myself to the limit and overexerting my strength. I've drained a lot of energy and forced my way up inclines. It's so hard to work towards that point where you feel excited to work out. In the beginning, it's more like an obligation. It's more like a chore. A hassle. After days and days of working, I was about ready to give up. I didn't think I'd ever feel excited to work out like I did a couple years ago. But, I finally passed the hump. And boy, it feels good.

My schedule:
Monday - easy run 25 min
Tuesday - cross training, yoga
Wednesday - easy run 25 min
Thursday - running drills with trainer
Friday - rest
Saturday - long run 45-55 min
Sunday - cross fit training

The only bad thing that's come of this so far is that I have very little time for my friends nowadays. It sucks, but I guess this is my first step towards being selfish and making time for myself. I've done so many things for so many people that sometimes I wonder what's the point? My parents were right when they said, "When it all comes down to it, the only person that's going to matter is you." I wish they weren't right about this. But, everyone has their own life to worry about. This is true. I thought for a long time that I'd always have my friends no matter when I need them. I do, but nowadays, it's only when they have time. No one's fault. It's inevitable. So to pass time on my own, I resorted to running.

So, I'm sorry to those I don't have much time for anymore. I promise you're still important to me. I just really need this right now.


"Run.. running all the time.. running to the future.. with you right by my side..."

No comments: