Monday, January 26, 2009

let's try it again

January has been a bad month for blogging it seems. It just hasn't been on my mind to blog. Nothing terribly interesting has happened yet. I celebrated my 25th. Hooray. I celebrated lots of 25ths, actually. And I celebrated a few 1st birthdays, too! Lots of January birthdays. Makes me wonder why people get so bored in April...

I wonder what JT has been up to these days? He's been pretty low key.

I've been getting nightmares recently. I haven't had once since my old apartment. Strange. I wonder what's going on in that crazy subconscious of mine. I've been staying over at the Three Stooges' place almost every day, and it's starting to get exhausting. I think for the next couple weeks, I'm going to stay at mine. I've been behind on so many things. One, I have to take down my Christmas decor (as my roommate so kindly has reminded me on the while erase board in the kitchen). Two, I have never-ending loads of laundry to conquer. Three, I need to start studying. Scratch that, number three should actually be number one on my priority list. Four, I need to start running again. The weather's getting nicer for this. I'm excited to start this back up again.

The first month of the new year is coming to a close, and in fact, today is the first day of Chinese New Year! Aka... in case you got a bad start on resolutions the first time around, here's your second chance.

I have a list of things I need/want to do this year. Please help me stay motivated to acheive it all.

1.) Study for the GMATs (I know, I know, I've been saying this forever now. Seriously this time)
2.) Run at least 3 times a week
3.) Go geocaching
4.) Build a potato gun
5.) Visit a Texas winery
6.) Plan a deep sea fishing trip
7.) Read almost every night before bedtime
8.) Fish and go camping as many times as possible
9.) Figure out if it's Houston or Austin for the next year
10.) Learn more soup recipes
11.) Learn French
12.) Save more money - this is a big one
13.) Drink less alcohol
14.) Improve my piano and guitar skills
15.) Take an informal class at UT

I think that's good for now. Maybe I'll think of more later.

Man, it's exhausting just looking at the list. Well, here goes nothing. Wish me luck.

3 comments:

kdnguyen said...

we can take care of #5 when i'm there! yes?

kdnguyen said...

...um..and #4?

dosebot said...

learning french.... learning how to play cannon... excellent!