Wednesday, March 26, 2008

remember when...

I was listening to the radio when that song "Kiss Kiss" by Chris Brown came on, and at the end of the song, there's a DJ that comes on and says this little segment before the song is over. I never realized that it was actually part of the song, and it puzzled me for the longest time because I'd hear it in Austin and then I'd hear it in Houston. Every time I would think, "Did I hear this same DJ in Austin/Houston?" I was so confused!!! Later, my cousin cleared it up for me.

So the song came on again this morning, and it made me think back to when I used to record songs from the radio onto cassette tapes. Remember that?!? EVERYONE used to do that! I'd just sit and wait near the radio until the song I wanted came on, and then I'd push the red little "record" button so that I could play it back and listen to it whenever I wanted. What I also remember is that I'd absolutely HATE it when DJs talked into the beginning of the song or when they interrupted the last part because I always wanted the entire song without all the talking! So then, I'd call into radio stations requesting a song and asking if the DJ would please let the whole song play in its entirety before coming back onto the radio. They'd always say, "Ok," and then they'd always cut into the song. It always made me so angry.


Anyway, I was just thinking about that and how funny it was that everyone used to record songs from the radio. Now, it's all about the downloading. The times have certainly changed.

On another note, I'm going to the dentist in about an hour. I haven't had a cleanup since 2006!! I've been busy! But, I'm looking forward to it today. My gums will probably be super sore afterwards, but it'll be good. Then, I'm getting my eyes checked this Saturday! Look at me taking care of myself.

I'm on a roll.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

lol. i love your entries. they make me laugh.

Jen said...

hey janice, it's me jen sharron...omg i just discovered your blog (i know i'm slow)...anyways, YES!! i remember recording songs from the radio! i think i still have them....funny story, so i'm around 11 years old, and i call and request a song, but i say it's for me n my "boyfriend's 2 week anniversary" (b/c supposedly it's more likely to be played if you tell them that)....ANYWAYS, she asks for his name and then...LONG PAUSE....."uhhhh" haha, and they actually cut out the part where i ask for them to play the song and just have the awkward pause part where i can't think of a guy's name off the top of my head...:/