Oh wait.. it's me. I'm sorry, everyone. I know it's been a while, but I'm back. Where and why I've gone so long? I don't know if I have it in me to explain. Just know that I'm sorry for the extended absence, and I will try not to let it happen again. If it's any consolation at all, I've very much missed you too.
So many things have happened, and at the same time, not much has happened at all. When was the last time I wrote? GEEZ... APRIL??!?!! If you're still reading this, you're my new bestfriend.
Updates from my January 26 entry:
1.) Study for the GMATs (I know, I know, I've been saying this forever now. Seriously this time) - check! erase... check! erase... slooowly checking again...
2.) Run at least 3 times a week - check! i was doing this for a long time. i've only stopped for the last month and a half now.. but i'm starting up again... this one wasn't so hard
3.) Go geocaching - pending
4.) Build a potato gun - pending
5.) Visit a Texas winery - check and check!
6.) Plan a deep sea fishing trip - check!
7.) Read almost every night before bedtime - sort of checking!
8.) Fish and go camping as many times as possible - didn't happen. try again in the fall
9.) Figure out if it's Houston or Austin for the next year - check! Austin wins!
10.) Learn more soup recipes - too hot for soup right now
11.) Learn French - no, but my Vietnamese is improving!
12.) Save more money - this is a big one - EPIC FAIL
13.) Drink less alcohol - check! very proud of this one
14.) Improve my piano and guitar skills - i need a new guitar
15.) Take an informal class at UT - not yet
Not too bad, I don't think! :) Obviously, the expectations I've set for myself are not that high.
Ok what else... so let's see. I've moved apartments... again... and I'm now living with Nurse. She's a doll. I love her very much. The apartment is great except for our elephant neighbors upstairs. I've gotten accustomed to the stomping, and it's only when people say, "Is that thunder outside?" that I realize they're being loud again. Maybe we deserve it since we called the fire department on them the first weekend we moved in because we smelled smoke in our apartment. But seriously, who turns on their fireplace in the middle of July? In TEXAS?!? Crazy bastards.
Saying the word "bastards" makes me want to speak in an English accent. That's my new thing these days. I don't know why. But even as I'm typing, I'm saying these words with an accent in my head. Don't deny it. I know you're doing it too now. It's bloody addicting, isn't it? I can't stop! I went to Austin Park n Pizza the other day and spoke with a British accent nearly the entire time. A girl came up to me and said, "I love your accent! Where are you from?" Caught off guard and slightly embarrassed (only slightly), I told her, "Ooohhh, I'm from London! Well, I'm from a lovely little town outside called.. uhh... Notting Hill! Have you heard of it?" I was probably red in the face, but sometimes, you just get so caught up in something so stupid, that it'd be even more stupid to try to turn back around. Luckily, she bought it. Unluckily, she kept talking to me. I made up some dumb story to excuse myself.
Gosh, I'm so lame. See? Some things never change. It's good to have you back, friends! Even more so, it's good to be back! Stay tuned!
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment