Thursday, December 11, 2008

moving on up

Tomorrow is the big move to the new building. I started at this company over two years ago, and I was one of three people in our office. The corporate office is in Santa Monica, but they opened a new office here in August of 2006. Since then, the CEO had bought a prime piece of real estate and started construction on this phenomenal building. It's quite the eye-catcher. We finally will be moving into this beautiful piece of architecture on Monday.

This week, I've been packing up my things, dusting off the desk, and saying my goodbyes to friends I've made here in the past couple of years. While I'm excited about the new building, saying farewell to people you've been seeing every day for a number of years is never easy. I'm sad to be leaving them.

Anyway, it's been pretty busy at work with all the moving. I'm so not cut out for manual labor, but it has to be done. It'll be like moving from middle school to high school. I'll have to learn where all my friends will be sitting, where the bathrooms are... new desk, new cafeteria, new everythings. And my desk? Why, on the penthouse floor right next to the window that faces the skyline of Austin, of course. What's nice is that I'm totally serious.

I love my job.

1 comment:

Chris Mendez said...

dang dude. you should just live in your office!